Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 27

Very busy these days so just a quick few sentences. On Sunday I sat for one solid hour, in order to make up for two missed days in the past three odd weeks. I haven't sat for an hour straight of meditation since I was first trying it out with the Tibetan Buddhists up on Heather St. Back then I was practically climbing the walls by the end of it. On Sunday I had plenty of mind-off-in-all-direction moments, but not the panic I had experienced years ago.

Yesterday's sit was at some friends' house while babysitting after the children were asleep. Twin unrelenting thoughts were: 'I wonder if they're gonna come home while I'm cross legged on their living room floor. That would be kind of cool.' and 'I wonder if that baby is gonna interrupt this by crying again.'

My hat is off to anyone who can maintain a practice while being a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment