Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 15

I missed meditating yesterday. I suppose that 90 sits in 90 days means I can double up and do two meditations in one day some time soon. I look at this as yet another way to keep coming back. When distracted, notice and re-commit to the breath. When distracted, notice and re-commit to daily sits.

It would be easy to say "See - you couldn't do it." Very easy. That would get me off the hook of continuing to try. Self-denigration is apparently a particularly western way of copping out.

Today's was a peaceful sit. Some moments of good presence, some moments of distraction. I may be running a bit of a fever. Went on a lovely trip in my mind to a place where I owned a cabaret on Denman St. and flew in my weirdo friends from around the world to perform. Put together a budget. An excel file in your imagination is no more exciting than an exvel file in real life. And yet some part of me prefers it to noticing exactly what is before my eyes.

What nutty beings we are...

1 comment: